How to Use Your Wardrobe Space for Your Summer Collection
With summer just around the corner, we’re beginning to put away our winter coats and scarves, and bring our light and breezy clothes to the front instead. However, this wardrobe rearrange can often cause mayhem for your organisation – you may be struggling to find things or overwhelmed with how little space you seem to have left, especially if you’re sharing your robe with a partner. If you’re considering reorganising your space for your summer collection, then use this guide to maximise your wardrobe potential.
Tips and Tricks
If you’re struggling to fit all of your clothes into your wardrobe, these tips can ensure everything is close at hand, no matter what the season.
- Spring clean your wardrobe at the end of every season. If it gets to the end of winter and you find you haven’t worn certain woollens, consider donating them to charity. Though you may not have gotten much wear out of them, there are others that may love your pre-loved clothing – and your wardrobe will appreciate it too.
- Move the heavier clothing that you likely won’t use for the next six months up to the higher shelves. This way you can find it easily on cold days, but they aren’t taking up the valuable space of your lighter blouses and linens that you will use far more frequently.
Unfortunately, our tips and tricks can only get you so far – and a poorly designed wardrobe costs the same to build as a beautifully and ergonomically designed space. For that reason, the biggest tip we can offer is to work with a talented team of architects and designers to build a robe that works for you, your needs and your space, rather than against you.
At Spaceworks, we always design our wardrobes from the inside out, ensuring it’s a perfect fit for your clothing – with added extras to match – before fitting doors and matching it to your architectural style. Whilst we’re passionate about designing beautiful robes that complement your home, we know it’s equally important that they complement your lifestyle. To ensure you get the most out of your robes, we can implement some of these features at the design and building stage.
- Often, hanging rails are built in at eye height, to ensure you can find your dresses or shirts quickly and easily. Consider adding a second hanging rail below the first, sitting approximately 40cm from the ground. Rather than wasting space below your clothing, you can utilise this area for hanging shoes or handbags.
- Shelving is a great place to store athletic clothing, t-shirts and pants, though it can quickly get unorganised, especially when searching for clothes in a hurry. Consider built in shelving dividers to keep everything neat and tidy – ideal for those who have a different t-shirt or singlet for each day of summer!
- The back of your door offers a blank canvas perfect for hanging light summer accessories. Whether you have a multitude of silky wraps, jewellery, ties or belts, the back of your wardrobe door can be the ideal place to store them. We can include hooks and flat railing, depending on your needs.
Whilst we are all excited for warm summer nights and lazy weekends spent in the sun, it’s important that we remember where we live. As Melbournians, we can’t pack away all our winter clothes – we never know when the weather will turn. Our team of talented architects andinterior designers can create a wardrobe that suits your home, your lifestyle and your clothing, all year round. Contact Spaceworks today.